local_phone(877) 456-7632 local_post_officeinfo@msxgroup.com
close
Message Boards

Author   Comment  
GAYLIA

Reply with quote  #1 

Are unit accounts treated any differently in Management Reporter?  I have several reports that use unit accounts.  How do I enter the unit account into the dimension?

Derek.Krebs

Reply with quote  #2 
Unit accounts are typically filtered by either the Column or the Row in Management Reporter. 

First, in the Column when you select a FD (Financial Dimension) column the next field down is referrred to as the "Book Code" where you may see options like Actual, Budget and Unit depending on what has been entered in the GL.  For example, a report may have three column in the column definition that brings in Actual, Budget and Unit data. 

Second, in the Row there is a Row Modifier field (Column I in the row format) where you may use a Book Code modifier to filter in Unit data.  For example, let's say a report only has one column in the column layout, an FD | Actual column.  Then, in the row format you may have a row that brings in sales accounts with no row modifier that will bring in Actual sales.  You may have another row in the row format that brings in Unit data (like units sold where you define the unit accounts in the link to financial diensions, Column J in the row format).  The Row Modifier will overwrite what is filtered in the Column definition.

Hope that provides some guidance and feel free to email if any specific follow up questions.

Derek Krebs
Derek.Krebs@MSXGroup.com

cwoods

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi,

I have an issue with Unit Accounts and Management Reporter.  Any row with unit accounts is not pulling data. This was not an issue with FRx, and the row is mapped correctly -and there is not a tree on the reports.  Derek mentioned a selection for Unit in the column definition, but we do not have that choice, only Actual and the various budgets that are setup for the company in Dynamics GP are available in the FD column.
Thank you,
Carla
Derek.Krebs

Reply with quote  #4 
Please confirm you are on the latest MR 2012 CU9 releases for latest bug fixes and new features to leverage.  You may email me the reports (Company|BuildingBlocks|Export to a .tdbx file) and/or screen shots and I can take a loot.  Are there any Row Modifiers being used (Account Modifier or Book Code Modifier).  Unit Accounts may be posted and reported in a few different ways so wanted to confirm current report setup.

Derek Krebs
Derek.Krebs@MSXgroup.com
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.