(877) 456-7632 info@msxgroup.com
Message Boards

Author   Comment  
jfinnell

Reply with quote  #1 
Good morning!

We have several segments (department and location combination) that are currently inactive. We would like for them not to show on the Data/Input Listing window. We don't want to delete them in case we need them next year.

Is it possible to keep inactive segments from showing in the data input list window?

Thanks

Joni

Rob.Diaz

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Joni,

Unfortunately, Forecaster doesn't have a way to force an inactive department to not show in the selection list for the input screen.  There are numerous reasons for this but the biggest one is for transparency - it was decided that even if the department was marked inactive, it would be available for selection on input and reports so that you could see any data that may have previously existed.  It *does* mark the input screen as read only, so no new changes or inputs can be made for an inactive item. But again, it can't prevent it.

For non administrator users, if you remove the inactive item(s) from the users' assignments, they won't be able to see it at all, whether it's active or not.

Sorry my answer isn't better news for you on this one. But hopefully I've helped nonetheless.
Thanks,
Rob 

jfinnell

Reply with quote  #3 
Rob:

I suspected that may be the answer. [frown]

Thanks for the response.

Joni
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.