local_phone(877) 456-7632 local_post_officeinfo@msxgroup.com
close
Message Boards

Author   Comment  
rcborst

Reply with quote  #1 

I have defined a data definition report in Excel; can I upload the definitions into a FRx to make a new report? If yes, how? Thanks. Bob

Derek.Krebs

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi, you have the ability in FRx to copy/paste report descriptions and account numbers into the FRx row format to quickly create income statements, balance sheets, etc.  There are also some nice built in tools inside FRx (and Mgt Reporter the next generation of FRx for the MSFT Dyn ERPs) to bring in GL accounts and departments into your report templates.  If you want to bounce ideas off feel free to email me and I can also provide some documentation that may help with basic report creation inside FRx (or Mgt Reporter).

Derek Krebs
Derek.Krebs@MSXGroup.com

rcborst

Reply with quote  #3 

Derek, 

I have designed a report in FRx. Due to the number of modifications I wanted to make with it, I redesigned a data definition structure for the report in Excel. Can I simply copy info from Excel (i.e. Row #, Description, General Ledger #, etc.) and paste it into the FRx Report?

Also, do I need to type in the Descrition in the RFx definition form?v Isn't there a way to populate it, based on the General Journel # I entered.

Thank you for your help. I've tinkered with other report writing software previously, but now I'm trying to help my wife with RFx - which right now - is over may head. Bob

Derek.Krebs

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Bob, in answer to your questions:

Question:  Can I simply copy info from Excel (i.e. Row #, Description, General Ledger #, etc.) and paste it into the FRx Report? 

Answer:  Yes, you can copy/past descriptions and account numbers into the FRx row format.

Question: Isn't there a way to populate it, based on the General Journel # I entered?

Answer: Using the Link to the GL column in the FRx row format, you may open the pop-up window and select an account from ths pick list.  If there is no description for that row the account description from the GL that appears in the pick list will automatically populate after selected.

rcborst

Reply with quote  #5 

Thank you Derek for your help; the pop-up & automated populated description field will be a big help. Here is three additional questions (I told you I'm a rookie):

Q: Does the report need to be tied to a Tree for the pop-up & population of the description field to function?

Q: If yes to the above: I developed a report that had a Tree attached, but when I used a GL Acc't # similar to 1111.02 the corresponding field (and those that followed it) went haywire - giving me huge numbers as outputs. When I detached the Tree, the report recognized the xxxx.22 format and provided correct numbers & calculations. Is there a fix for this?

Last Q: I'm not sure how up-to-date the FRx software is that I'm using, however, I see that there have been numerous updates to it (I think 10). Should I install the updates? Will they break or cause a problem with existing reports that have been developed? Is there a fee to install the updates?

Thank you much. Bob 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.