local_phone(877) 456-7632 local_post_officeinfo@msxgroup.com
close
Message Boards

Author   Comment  
Derek.Krebs

Reply with quote  #1 
Error:  Font 'FONT NAME' cannot be found.

We have seen this error occur after upgrading FRx reports to Management Reporter (MR) using the report migration wizard.  Then when you open a MR report definition (or row, column, tree) you get this error and MR crashes.

Solution:

1. Run a select statement in SQL Management Studio against the ManagementReporter database to find out how many objects are using the font (FONT NAME below is the one received in MR error):

Select * from ControlFontStyle where FontName = FONT NAME

2. Perform an update statement to change the font (NEW FONT is some new font you prefer like Verdana, Arial, etc): 

UPDATE ControlFontStyle

SET FontName = NEW FONT

WHERE FontName = FONT NAME

Post by:
Derek Krebs
Derek.Krebs@MSXGroup.com

MaryL

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi,
This is a great post, but it didn't work for me.  I changed the @Arial Unicode MS (which doesn't exist in MR, but is in Word) to Arial and I am getting the same error.  I deleted the format type that I created as well, but the row definitions cannot be opened to edit them and change the font. Then it kicks me out of MR.  Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Mary L
MaryL

Reply with quote  #3 
I went back and deleted the font style I created to try and trick the system and it locked me up.  I went back in and changed the font style name to Arial TEST and now it  works!

Thanks so much,

Mary L
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.