(877) 456-7632 info@msxgroup.com
Message Boards

Author   Comment  
SLatta

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi,

We have Dynamics AX 2012 and MR running on a Terminal Services client. Users connect to a virtual desktop to access AX. We've been having an issue since upgrading to CU15, with both the web viewer and the MR Report Viewer, where exporting to Excel with "open file after export" checked tries to open Excel on the Terminal Server instead of the Excel on the user's local desktop. The workaround seems to be to save the file to a network folder accessible from both the terminal server client and the user's local PC, but this is kludgy to say the least. 

I found a registry edit that seems to work for Excel exports from within AX, but it isn't fixing it for MR. Is there a fix?
Noah.Moseley

Reply with quote  #2 
Is your registry edit tied to a particular user id? Have you tried applying the registry edit to the network account running the two Management Reporter services on the server?
http://www.MSXGroup.com

Email me if you need help installing, implementing or just need training on Microsoft Forecaster, Management Reporter or FRx. Plus, Prospero for Financial Reporting and Budgeting is now available. See our introductory video at http://msxgroup.com/prospero_video_introduction

Management Reporter | Prospero | Forecaster | FRx
Training | Consulting Services | Software Support
Derek.Krebs

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi, the workaround you described is what I have done too in past as the Terminal Services and Network Security are additional layers outside the MgtRpt application which have to be navigated.

Derek
Derek.Krebs@msxgroup.com
SLatta

Reply with quote  #4 
Noah, the registry edit seems to be just for AX 2012, and ever since they put in the check box in Tools for "Remote Exports Open In", I'm not sure it is even still needed there. It was  a hack to point to a required DLL file to fix it.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.