(877) 456-7632 info@msxgroup.com
Message Boards

Author   Comment  
kesm0724

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello All,

I am trying to install Forecaster 7.0 SP5 on a few XP SP3 machines.  I install the RTM version followed by SP5 for Forecaster.  Once that is done and I try to launch the forecaster application I am receiving the error: forecaster.exe is not a valid win32 application.

I checked and this is apparently a known issue with SP5.  Is there any workaround/fix?

Rob.Diaz

Reply with quote  #2 
Unfortunately, I have not found a workaround for this issue. I have been asking Microsoft for an update for weeks on this but have not yet heard anything.

The only brute-force workaround is to uninstall SP5 and install SP3 with CU 5.  The database would need to be rolled back to this version as well if it has been upgraded to SP5 via a non-Windows XP workstation.

kesm0724

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for the response Rob -

Do we lose any functionality by doing the workaround you mentiobned in terms of using forecaster with Dynamics AX 2012?

We've never used Forecaster up to this point as it's a new install so I'm not really sure what the major differences SP4 and SP5 add.
Rob.Diaz

Reply with quote  #4 
Okay, so SP5 is really SP4 with a couple extra bug fixes in it.  There was a major issue with SP4 which caused it to be recalled.  This is fixed in SP5. 

There are many, many, fixes in SP5 and so once this issue with XP is resolved, I do recommend moving to it.  You do not lose features moving back to SP3, but you do lose bug fixes.  Unfortunately, if you need to run on Windows XP, right now SP5 simply isn't an option until this issue is resolved.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.