What custom format would I use so that the date does not include the day of the week?
Prospero provides you with the capability to define how dates appear in the application. System-wide fonts and formatting are managed through the Formatting Defaults option screen available from the Home ribbon’s Options icon. Here you can specify that your date format not include the day of the week by creating a “Custom” Date Format.
(Importantly, changing the options on this screen requires Administrator-level permissions and privileges.)
To configure a Custom Date Format:
1. Select the Options icon from the Home ribbon.
2. Select the Formatting Defaults option on the left sidebar to open the screen.
3. Select “Custom” in the Date Format pulldown field.
4. In the <BLANK> field below the Date Format field, enter the format codes to define your date format. Prospero follows standard Microsoft® date formatting conventions so many of these may already be familiar to you.
Examples of the codes to construct your strings are as follows:
Custom Date Format Code
Note: The format codes are case sensitive as noted above.
The following are a few examples of custom date format strings:
Prospero Custom Date Format String
Date Format Sample Displayed
MMM dd, yyyy
Jan 20, 2015
MMMM dd, YYYY
January 20, 2015
5. You can view an example of how the date will appear in the Sample field.
6. Select OK to save your changes.
You, or your Prospero Administrator, can also view a full listing of date formatting conventions at the Microsoft® MSDN Website http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/az4se3k1(v=vs.110).aspx
For more information on or support for your Prospero financial reporting system, please contact Support@MSXGroup.com