(877) 456-7632 info@msxgroup.com
Message Boards
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Justin555

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi,

I run an income report on a weekly basis (previously exported data to excel from Dynamics GP).  However, I recently created the report on MR.  The only problem is that I can't figure out how to use a report date that isn't a month/period end, or weekly increments.  For example, I will be running this report this coming Friday, and I need data for CY, PY, and PPY, to be as of 4/6, for the respective calendar years.

Thanks,

Justin
nsercer

Reply with quote  #2 
Hey Justin,

You can use the Start and End Date filters in the Column definition. You will still define each column by month, but you can indicate which days of the month are included. You can enter by actual date (04/01/17 to 04/06/17) or by day of the month such as just 1 to 7. You should play around a bit to get used to how it works and determine what works best for your circumstances. You can also check the online help for MR.

Regards,

Nick
nick.sercer@msxgroup.com 
Justin555

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi,

Thanks for the help.  However, what if I want to cover multiple months?  For instance, our Fiscal Year starts 10/1, so I will want the columns to be a sum of 10/1-4/6 (for CY, PY, and PPY, in 3 separate columns)?
Derek.Krebs

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi, I would use column headers in the column definition for that (not page headers in report definition).  There are some Auto Text column headers you can choose from when double-clicking a column header cell for the start and end date when using start and end date filters in the column.

Derek Krebs

Sr Consultant, MSX Group

Phone: 760.274.6670

Email: Derek.Krebs@msxgroup.com

MSX Group: Your expert resources for Management Reporter, Forecaster, FRx and MSX Prospero

and other Reporting & Budgeting software (100% of our company focus the past 18+ years)

Looking to replace FRx, Forecaster and Management Reporter? 

Check out MSX Prospero with many new features ALL in ONE easy to use application!!!

LIVE demonstration of Prospero

“8 Great Reasons to Switch to Prospero”

nsercer

Reply with quote  #5 
Hey Justin,

Try it like I have it below. Hard code the Fiscal Year and Period for each column. Make sure to include all periods as a range (1:12) this will bring in all available data for each year. Now, put the specific date ranges in the start/end dates for each column. The report will need to be updated manually as time goes on, but that is often necessary when using start/end dates anyway. BTW, since the Year and Periods are hard coded on this report, it won't matter what date you choose when you run the report. Let me know if this clears it up for you.

Nick
nick.sercer@msxgroup.com

MR_StartEnd_Dates.JPG

Justin555

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks, nsercer!  Got me what I needed.

Justin
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.